Summer is officially over. Well for me that is. I have been back at school for three weeks now and I am really enjoying this group of kiddos. I am trying some new strategies that I have picked up via web browsing and chatting with my favorite teacher friends. That's probably why I am enjoying so much! Or maybe it's because I don't have to think about whether or not I have a job next year! Or maybe it's because the energy in my building is all stirred up because of new leadership! Who knows, but now that summer is gone and I'm well into the school year, I am going to just enjoy each moment that this year has to offer...
...like yesterday. Crazy Friday afternoon. I had afternoon recess duty. There were also 2 other grade levels outside. Imagine about 150 kiddos running around like crazy. Many issues were occurring all at once and I had just put out about 5 different "fires" when a little red head boy with came up to me. I was dreading what was about to come out of his mouth "so and so just called me such and such"...but was genuinely surprised to hear "so, how is your day going?" I had to do a double take in my mind. I couldn't quite believe my ears. That right there made me smile so big! We talked about how he "filled my bucket"and made me so happy in the midst of the craziness. And as I reflect back on this moment I realize how great our God is. In the middle of what I thought was the worst recess ever, I was given the gift of joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment