My love for seasons has changed over the years.
For the longest time, I was a winter lover. I was all about snow. Turtlenecks and sweaters. Boots. Hot cocoa. Fires. Hunkering down.
As of late, I like summer better. Blooming flowers. Green grass. Shade trees. Sandals. Pedicures. Warmth. Evenings around the firepit.
But the season I am truly learning to love is the season of Lent. The time of year where I anticipate the arrival of Easter. For me this is a time of growing in my walk with Christ. I've been reading daily from the guide my church offers. I'm enjoying the devotions that they've included to help me dive a little deeper into my understanding of the Word. This morning, I was moved by a video link about prayer I came across. It's a part of a Lenten series found here.
I'm intriqued by the way they suggest to end each day.
I am inspired to tryout the breathing technique of inhaling and saying 'Abba' then exhaling and saying 'I belong to You'. This simple act of putting the focus on my Creator and giving Him first place in my life brings such a sense of peace. A sense of knowing that I can all embrace all that life had has to offer. The joys and the trials. The pure of act of being grateful for things that are frustrating or discouraging puts a new perspective on living life to its fullest.
This journey is my own. But I am grateful to share it with each of you. I am moved by how the Lord provides wisdom. Grateful for His patience with me. Endeared by His everlasting love even when the choices I've made aren't in alignment with His will. I will continue my walk knowing that I have opportunities to grow and learn. Stretch and ponder. Accept and embrace.
I am so grateful for this season.
2 comments:
I am proud of you and I love you.
And I miss you. ~DAD
I love you, too!
Post a Comment