I must say that this advent season has me appreciating Christmas in a whole different way then in years past. Like so many, I love this month. The decorations, the lights, the gifts, the foods, the anticipation of the remembrance Christ's arrival.
Now that my children are getting older, Christmas is taking on a whole new meaning for me. Don't get me wrong. I still love the shopping and the wrapping and the keeping secrets part of Christmas. I'm not afraid to admit that selecting a variety of gifts for my family is one of my favorite ways to express my creativity.
But this year, God is doing a good work in my heart. He is opening my eyes to the importance of remembering Him throughout this season. It began a few weeks ago when our pastor started a new sermon series on Joy.
Then it lead to an accidental click on a website about the advent season and relishing in the joys of how the old testament is as equally important in telling the story of Jesus' arrival as the story found in the new testament.
I am so appreciative for my growing love for Christ by diving into His Word and seeking His wisdom to know more about God and our purpose for life. Finding my personal relationship with Christ over the past 20 years has been quite a journey, and I anticipate that each year He will find me in a new place. I pray that this season will open me to deeper levels of understanding and that I am following the direction He is guiding me towards.
I am so blessed to have such a loving God. One that has gifted me with a wonderful family, great friends and an ability to learn and grow in my Faith.
I pray that each of you can find some kind of Joy this holiday season. Perhaps an outing with family. Lunch with a friend. Laughter with a child. A smile with a stranger. Wherever it may be--I pray that you appreciate each moment you are given.


No comments:
Post a Comment