The Annual Cutting of the Christmas Tree Adventure is coming quickly. Permits go on sale next weekend. In anticipation of this annual tradition, I decided to decorate my house with a couple of reminders.
So I have this obsession with red trucks right now. It might be that we've moved to the country and I really think our farm should have a truck. When I close my eyes and imagine what it would look like, I picture something like this:
Complete with the Christmas tree in the bed. Well not all the time. Just towards the end of November to the beginning of December!
For now, I just have to have to settle for the toy version of this truck. And as I wait for the annual cutting of our Christmas tree in the next couple of weeks, I decided to add a little inspiration to get me in the mood.
Last year I saw this fabulous pillow cover at Pottery Barn, but I couldn't justify spending the money it cost to get it. Well, when I decided at the end of the season to splurge, they were all sold out. Even online.
I searched high and low. But no luck.
I ended up printing a picture of it and framed it because I loved it that much. But it just wasn't the same, so I threw it away.
I was still thinking about this pillow this past summer, so I decided to check out Ebay. To my delight it was there. But then I looked at the price and it was twice as much than what Pottery Barn was selling it for.
Well fast forward to this past October. My cousins were here for a visit and we stopped in the store to check out their fall merchandise. Well, you should have seen my face when the clerk was showing this pillow cover to another customer. I immediately asked if they were selling them again this season. She said yes. I purchased it right then and there. I didn't even finish looking through the store. And I must say that I am so glad I did. It reminds me of all the years Craig and I have taken the kids to the mountains to trek through the snow to find the perfect tree. Carting it home on top of our car (we've had 3 different ones since we started the tradition) looks just like this. Minus the fact that our car has never been a red woody version like the one in the pillow. Oh, but that would surely be delightful!


No comments:
Post a Comment