While it is not possible to slow time down, we have been very busy this week. Monday we saw Journey 2: Mysterious Island at the dollar theater. Well actually, it isn't a dollar theater anymore. It's now the dollar fifty theater! I was surprisingly please with this movie as it held my attention. This says a lot, as most movies I fall asleep through. Of course Ema loved it--she is enthralled with Josh Hutcherson. He played Peeta in the Hunger Games. Caleb said it was okay. But I think he enjoyed all the adventure scenes!
Tuesday afternoon Caleb and his friends--Jack and Nick--went skating at the local rink and then they had a sleepover in the tent that was set up over the weekend. Having this much space allows for the tent to be set up and not even in the way. Unfortunately, Jack had an allergy breakout from our beloved cat, so he headed home early, but Nick and Caleb made it until about 4:30 a.m. before freezing their little noses off and headed inside for warmer temps!
During the morning hours Nana, Ema, Caleb and I worked on getting the side of the house cleaned up. This has been a project that was weighing heavy on the mind and has been on the to do list for about a month. Kinda like the garage! While I don't have a before photo, here is the after. Try to imagine 15+ rolls of barbed wire, broken hoses, old lumber that needed to be cut up, bricks--both broken and in tact--and several cut down trees that were spewed across this area.
This was the final project of the day. Nana, Craig and I had planted a few Hostas and Shasta Daisies under the Aspens along the walkway a while back. It was in need of some fresh bark to give it a clean look, so Nana and I laid down the weed blocker and freshened it up a bit!
It's now Wednesday and Emaleigh is headed to the library to volunteer, while Caleb and I hang out with friends and run a couple of errands.
I love the flexibility and spontaneity summer brings!



No comments:
Post a Comment