So here it is...1:35 a.m. A likely hour to be sitting here at my computer. I should be sleeping I say to myself. I should be getting some much needed rest, so that I am not cranky with my 23 students that are awaiting my arrival to brighten their days with a big smile and a hug and fill them with knowledge. I should be laying my head on my oh so comfy pillow dreaming sweet nothings about who knows what!
But, no. I am here. Sitting at my computer.
I really have nothing to share. Just thought I needed to post this so that when I print my blog out this year I will remember that at one point in my life I suffered from sleep deprivation!
It all started back when I was pregnant with my first child. The wee hours that I would wake up and start to wonder what it would be like to be mom.
Then, it was the 2 am feedings.
Then it became the 2 am worries...which I believe it still is.
I was at church this past week and our weekly sermon and the intertwining music was all about letting go of those worries and given them to our Maker. Perhaps God is giving me an opportunity to practice what He is trying to teach me. I am a stubborn one , though, as I sit hear typing away. I am certain He is looking down upon me, or sitting next to me for that matter with His hand on my shoulder saying: "Stop typing dear child. Give your concerns to Me and not this post. Lay your head on your nice comfy pillow and shut your eyes, so that you can dream sweet nothings about who knows what. Let Me take care of tonight. For tomorrow will have plenty of other things that need to be taken care of and I will be right there for you to help you through whatever you encounter. Sleep, my friend."
So with that...I will go back to bed now!
I hope you aren't awake at 1:46 in the morning reading this post, because if you are, you too, need to give your concerns to Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment