It's happening again. The two hour night shifts. Do you ever get these? I've been having them since the arrival of our children. Maybe it has something to do with the late night feedings. Crazy thing is, these sleepless hours usually occurred while my babies were asleep. Never the less, for the past 13 years or so, I go through phases when I wake up in the middle of the night for about 2 hours or so. It seems crazy to me. I've tried just about everything to get back to sleep minus actually consuming medication that is! I can't get myself to actually swallow a pill to help me sleep. I know they have pills for every ailment we encounter, but it just doesn't seem right. I've often wondered if this is Jesus calling me. He must know that it happens to be the best time of the day to find me the least distracted. No husband to interact with, no children to care for, no laundry to be folded, no food to be cooked, no cleaning to be done--well of course these things linger in my thoughts, but I'm not crazy enough to actually get up and do them! It is the middle of the night after all!
Anyway, I believe the intimacy the our Father craves to have with us doesn't always occur between the hours of 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. I have a feeling He is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week, 365 days a year, and I believe He wants to remind me of this every so often. I can't tell you the number of problems I have been able to get answers to during these ridiculous night shifts. Certainly, it hasn't been a cure for cancer or a way to end world hunger, but in my minuscule section of this planet, I have found some really great answers to life's questions. So even though I wish I were sleeping soundly next to the man that rocks my world, I cherish these hours spent catching up on the world's events, shopping for great home finds, looking for Christmas gift ideas, adding crazy posts to my blog, and most importantly learning what my creator wants from me while I travel the earth in expectation of one day returning home! Thank you Jesus for caring so deeply for me that you want to spend time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment