Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Blooms

Just about this time each year, my daisies bloom.  It's like clockwork. The reason I know this is because it happens right around the time I celebrate my birthday.  This year it was about a week after.  Last year it was about a week before.  I just love the freshness of these daisies.  I planted the bunch below the year we moved into our current home.  They have matured quite nicely.  The bunch above I transplanted last summer.  They are considerably smaller than the original bunch, but it reminds me the with all good things a little bit of time can do wonders!

 A few years back I planted these lovelies.  Can't remember exactly what they are.  Picked them up at the local Lowe's when I was feeling the need to fill in the planting bed under our favorite tree--a purple autumn ash.  They have filled in like crazy and I just love them.  In fact, I think my neighbor has an even better close up of them.  The best part about them is that they bloom all summer long.  While summer has never really been my favorite time of year, there are a few simple pleasures that I can appreciate--summer blooms being one of them!

No comments: