Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Homelessness" Update

So, I thought you might like a little update on our home status.  Well we are still in a state of homelessness!  At least that is how I have been feeling lately.  That is until I was sitting in church this past Sunday--fabulous message by the way.  Basically about making a choice and sticking with it.  Stop wavering between what I know is right (giving my all to God--good and bad) and doing what feels good to me (keeping up with my materialistic desires and using God when it fits into my schedule). I am sure you can decide what He would want for us to do!

Anyway, as I was sitting waiting for the service to begin, I noticed it is the time of year where our church hosts about 100 or so true homeless families.  Families that have little and are unable to provide for themselves do to unforeseen circumstances. The church provide meals and shelter for two weeks each year.  Ironically, this year it runs from August 17-August 31.  As I was sitting in the pew thinking about my own homeless status, I realized this is the same time frame that the prospective owners of our home would be renting our home back to us.  You see, we are scheduled to close on August 16th, but our Realtor set it up so that we could rent the house back for up to two weeks.  How humbled I was to realize that my 'homelessness' is nothing compared to so many others.  I sat with my head bowed, tears rolling slowly down my cheek.  The gratitude that I felt at that very moment was so overwhelming I couldn't help but shed them.  In this moment, I realized--for the billionth time--that I just don't need to worry.  I need to smile and say thank you. 

Thank you for all of the crazy, wonderful experiences that have led up to this day. 

Thank you for growing me up in my faith through this experience.

Thank you for trusting me to be able to not know what my future holds, and to have faith that whatever You bring my way will be for good and not for evil to give me a future and a hope! 

Thank you for helping me to enjoy each and every moment as it occurs.  Even if that moment means I had to step away from this entry to give my aging kitty his third drink from our kitchen sink because he refuses to drink water from a bowl!

As for the home status, we are still wavering.  Well sort of.  We think we have found the right property, but we are just waiting for a few loose ends to wrap up.  (Inspections, appraisals, etc.) Craig and I are hopeful that we should know more by the end of the week, but we also know that God is in control and we don't need to fret.  We just have to continue to take the steps forward to see if this is the path we should take.

2 comments:

Hi! I'm Katey said...

I love how truly faithful you are. Thanks for being so open generous with your thoughts on faith.
K

Jennifer said...

Over the years, it has been my saving grace. I can't help but want to share with anyone and everyone who is willing to listen!