Monday, August 17, 2009

Our Last Day

Today is our last day of summer vacation. While, I was back at work last week, the kids don't officially start until tomorrow.

Last night was our last 'Sunday Dinner' without having to get home to get ready for school. We enjoyed a relaxing evening at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Grandma is recovering nicely from her recent shoulder surgery. Aunt Katie made cupcakes and curled Grandma's hair, while Grandpa, Uncle Eli and Craig put together a cedar playhouse for all the kids. I mingled between the two helping with dinner and holding screws and wooden planks, as needed. The kids bounced on the trampoline, gathered green "haycorns," (or unripe acorns as the rest of the world refers to them!) climbed the slide to the fort on the play set, and just had a great time waiting for the playhouse to be finished. What a great end to our last days of summer!

Today I think we will just hang out and enjoy being together one last day before the hustle and bustle of school schedules, after school activities and homework sets in.

I can't believe it is the last day of summer vacation.

No comments: