Friday, June 20, 2008

Solitude

Today was my day. No camera...no kids...no noise! What a treat. This morning I got up and walked the neighborhood. All four miles of it. Upon my return, Grandpa said he would like to take the kids to the pool today, and that I should go and enjoy myself. So that's just what I did.

I started down the Tamiami Trail (that's the road that goes from Tampa to Miami) Stopped at some shops, took myself to lunch and then on to the Nokomis Beach. In talking with a local at the pool this week, she suggested I try it because it is not as far as Siesta Key (the white sand beach), and not quite as steep as Venice Beach (the closest beach). White Siesta will always be my favorite for it's pristine, soft, white sand, this beach was pretty nice. Very nice for taking an hour long walk all by myself.

For this first time since I left Colorado, I was reminded of home today when a flock of 15 or so pelican's flew overhead. How do pelican's remind one of Colorado you ask? Well, they were flying in the infamous v shape that geese fly. How often we see this on our Sunday drives down to Church! While I am not really ready to come home, I am still in love with my local home town and what it has to offer.

I ended my day with a trip to the local...WALMART. What vacation would be complete without a trip to Walmart? (Actually, I've been there 2-3 times already!) I was in need of some supplies for our Weekly Sunday trip to Siesta Key Beach, so I thought I would get them while I didn't have the kids along to put 'unnecessary' items in the cart!!

Tomorrow we'll be heading to Tampa to visit the MOSI Museum. It's a hands on museum with lots of things for the kids to do! Should be fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sound like a great day